This is just a small list of things that have happened in OpenBSC:
- Introduce a GSM 08.08 BSC API to separate channel management from the MSC Code. This has also killed reference counting of our logical channels and we release channels a lot faster.
- Toying with USSD. I started to play with ASN.1 and generate USSD messages, right now we can send a unstructuredSS-Notify down to the Cellphone and play with the alerting types, sending a notifySS as part of the Setup message is not liked by phones yet.
- Splitting out the SCCP code into a new libosmo-sccp library, I have also put my MTP-Level3 code in there, so maybe we should call that library libosmo-ss7.
- I was writing my first C Node in Erlang to parse SCCP messages in C and return the result to erlang to Erlang code.
- The mgcp code can now dynamically loop/unloop the stream, patching the SSRC, seqno and timestamp.
In the next couple of days/weeks I want to continue working on the BSC API and then completly nuke the current on-waves/bsc-master branch as everything is merged back to master in a way better structure than it was in the branch. But today I am trying to make my code and the nanoBTS crash.... and figure out why it is doing that.